Surah Quraish ( Arabic: سورة قريش ) is one of the Meccan surahs that was revealed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in Makkah, and the Holy Surah is located in the thirtieth part, and the number of its verses reaches four verses, and it is said that it is a Surah linked to the surah of the elephant and that it completes it.
The holy verses show that the Quraysh tribe and their meeting are safe and secure and that they are accustomed to the winter journey to Yemen, and in the summer to the Levant, and then they return to Mecca safely and peacefully; to maximize their affairs with the people, they are the inhabitants of the sacred country.
The verse urges the people of Quraish specifically to worship Allah-Almighty-who among them and honor them with this security and reassurance after their condition was troubled as mentioned in Surah Al-Fil from the demolition and storming
Why was surah Quraish revealed?
One of the reasons for the coming down of Surah Quraysh was that Allah, may He be exalted, reminds them that he has given them many qualities, and Allah, may He be exalted, distinguished them from the rest of the tribes, he singled them out by dressing the Kaaba, watering those who do the Hajj, and he singled them out for victory over the Abrahams of the ashram, who came to Mecca to demolish the Kaaba in the year of the elephant, and he also sent the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) from them.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: Allah preferred Quraysh with seven qualities that he did not give to anyone before them and no one after them: the succession in them, and the guard in them, and the watering in them, and the prophecy in them, and they helped the elephant and worshiped Allah seven years, and no one else worshiped him.
Surah Quraish read
What does surah Quraish mean?
There was something in Jahiliyyah before Islam entered Mecca and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came by the message to people called the tribe, which is similar to the family in our time and was Quraysh of the tribes that inhabit Mecca before the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent.
This tribe used to make two trips in the summer once and in the winter once and these trips were for trade; on the summer trip they go to the Levant and in the winter they go to the right to the South. They took the goods they had in Mecca and sold them in the country they were traveling to. They buy from this country the things they need in their lives that they don’t have.
It has become a habit for them and they love these trips and they take them every winter and summer. Then Allah said to them, “like what has become a custom for you to go to these trips in the summer and winter, you must love the worship of Allah, and composed them, and know that he is the one who gave you all these blessings, and he is the one who secured your livelihood and protected you from poverty.
This was a simplified explanation of Surah Quraysh which is a short and beautiful Surah that children can memorize easily and quickly. And children must understand what they are memorizing so that it settles in their hearts. Allah Save Our children by the blessing of the Holy Quran.
What is surah Quraish about?
Came the purposes of surah al Quraish, about the tribe of Quraysh and its height among other tribes, where this Surah revolves About the Quraysh tribe and the blessings that Allah has bestowed on this tribe, whether it was from the trade trips they were making, whether it was in the summer or in the winter, and what the consequences of these trips From the wealth and prosperity they enjoy in their lives or through the great status they enjoy among the tribes because of the presence of the sacred house in them.
Where was surah al Quraish revealed?
The surah al Quraish is classified as Meccan, i.e. descended in Makkah, this Surah speaks of the people of the Quraysh, it began with the Surah saying: ( to Elaf Quraysh), and Elf refers to annexation, and the meaning in this verse is that the Quraysh were harvesting their goods and heading to Yemen in the winter, (Elaf their winter and summer trip).
Let them worship Allah in this house, and here is the addition to the House of Allah, and here Allah calls his servants to worship him, who fed them from hunger and secured them from fear.
As well as that security is the promise promised by Allah to his prophet and believers, the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: one day will come, the passenger will walk from Sana’a to Hadramaut.
Why was surah al Quraish revealed?
In this, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) says, “Allah has preferred the Quraysh with seven qualities that he did not give to anyone before them and did not give to anyone after them, namely: the caliphate is in them, the hijabs are in them, the watering is in them, the prophethood is in them, and they and they worshiped Allah for seven years, and no one else worshipped him, and a Surah was revealed in which no one else mentioned: “to Elaf Quraish.”
When was surah al Quraish revealed?
surah al Quraish was revealed after the Prophet’s mission to remind the people of Mecca of the blessings of Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, upon them. Perhaps through this reminder, they will return to their senses, and worship their Creator, who has endowed them with those great blessings.
Why the surah was named Quraish?
It is the only surah in which the name of the Quraysh tribe is mentioned, and it was called during the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) Surah Elaf Quraysh, where this Surah included the mention of the blessings that Allah has given to the Quraysh tribe, and he gave them from His bounty and handed them the reins of trade, security, and stability, and this Surah singled out the mention of Allah’s blessings on the Quraysh tribe, in particular, so it was called surah kuraish.
What is the main theme of surah Quraish?
The basic theme of sura Quraish speaks of the blessings of Allah Almighty on the people as follows:
- specifically on the people of the Quraish tribe in Mecca, were from Allah on them with intimacy, meeting, and reunion among them in the Hijaz region, to do than the two trips of trade-in winter and summer, as the first trip in summer to the Levant, and the second they feed on the winter and summer trips, and their security from fear because of what the Arabs have learned about them,
- and what they know of the sanctity of Their patronage of the House of Allah is haram, and this is what earned them prestige among the various Arab tribes in Mecca and non-Mecca.
Is surah quraish makki or madani?
Surat Quraish is a Meccan surah and was revealed to the Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, in Mecca
In which para is surah al Quraish?
Surat Quraish is the 29th surah according to the revelation of the Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and its arrangement in the Qur’an 106, in the thirtieth part.
Surah Quraish benefits
There are many benefits that the Muslims deduced from surah Quresh, most notably the following:
- the blessing of Allah and his bounty on the Quraish tribe.
- Our Allah, I have dwelt among my descendants in an uncultivated valley near your forbidden house.
- our Allah, so that they may pray, so that the hearts of the people may fall to them and provide them with fruits, so that they may be thankful.
- Satiety and security are the foundation of worldly life and they complement each other; for fear is not satisfied with food, even if it is available.
- The Arabs are the first people of the religion of Islam, and the inhabitants of Mecca must worship Allah – Almighty – and follow his religion, and the House of Allah must be a refuge for the people of obedience and free from any shirk and debauchery.
- The House of Allah is named after him, and he is named after him.
Surah al quraish tafseer
Interpretation of the first verse (لإِيلافِ قُرَيْشٍ)
This was confirmed by Muhammad ibn Ishaq and Abdul Rahman Ibn Zayd Ibn Aslam, where it is said that it is considered a Surah connected with Surah Al-Fil and written between them in the name of Allah the most merciful, and Mujahid said in his saying ( to Elaf Quraysh ) said: My grace on the Quraysh.
Interpretation of the second verse(إِيلَافِهِمْ رِحْلَةَ الشِّتَاءِ وَالصَّيْفِ*)
The Quraysh used to make a trip in the winter to Yemen, and a trip in the summer to the Levant in order to trade and gain regularly and then return to their country in safety.
Interpretation of the third verse(فَلْيَعْبُدُوا رَبَّ هَذَا الْبَيْتِ)
They should give thanks to Allah and worship the one Allah on Sunday, and not associate with him, for he has secured for them a safe life where he says in Surat al-Ant ( but I ordered that I worship Allah of this town who has forbidden it and has everything and ordered that I be a Muslim ).
Interpretation of the fourth verse(الَّذِي أَطْعَمَهُمْ مِنْ جُوعٍ وَآمَنَهُمْ مِنْ خَوْفٍ)
It is said that Asma bint Yazid said: (I heard the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Woe to your mother Quraysh, for Elaf Quraysh.”)
And Usama Ibn Zayd said: I heard the messenger of Allah ( peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘Elaf Quraysh Elaf them the journey of winter and summer, and rule, o ma’shar Quraysh, worship Allah of this house who fed you from hunger and secured you from fear’.
Since the life of prosperity, the sustenance that Allah has given them, the security, and the Prevention of fears that Allah has given them, is one of the greatest earthly blessings given to mankind, they must praise and thank Allah for all the blessings.
surah quraish mp3 download
Download and listen to surah Quraish free to surah mp3 recited by many reciters ( Download )
Hadith on surah quraish
- our Holy Prophet told us in the virtue of Surah Quraish saying:” the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:” to Elaf Quraish* Elaf them the journey of winter and summer”, and rule O Quraish worship Allah who fed you from hunger and secured you from fear”.
- The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said,” Allah preferred Quraysh with seven qualities, he preferred them that they worshiped Allah for ten years, Allah worshiped only Quraysh, and he preferred them that they were their victory on the day of the elephant and they are polytheists, and he preferred that they revealed in them a surah from the Qur’an in which no one of the worlds entered and it is for the Lev of Quraysh”.
- In addition, there are many narrations where the Prophet told us about the virtue of reading Surah Quraysh during the Fajr prayer. This is like the Hadeeth of Al-Ma’arour Ibn Suwaida: “we went out with Omar in the argument of Hajj. So we read in the morning, did not you see how your Allah did to the owners of the elephant and Elaf Quraysh.
How to memorize surah Quraish?
Surat Quraish is a short and easy surah, so it will be easy to memorize it as follows:
At home by yourself :
- Just listen to a video of it and repeat it until you master the pronunciation.
- And then repeat every verse thirty times. You will find yourself memorizing it very well.
The Islamic school:
- First, you should look for a good academy to memorize the Holy Quran
- Then choose a good class for beginners
- Listen carefully to the teacher and repeat what he says more than once
- Repeat it again at home
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Rahman School’s ( online Quran school ) Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Rahman School’s Arabic classes, Quran classes, Islamic studies class, Quran tajweed class, ijazah Quran and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Rahman School offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Rahman School has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Rahman School gives you and your children the chance to learn with al Rahman school who are going to be your kids’ new friends, accompanying them in their learning process and encouraging them to learn more.
- You can find memorization lessons in the mosque and in fact, this is your best option because the elders in the mosque know the readers well and how to pronounce the correct
- Listen to the Sheikh carefully and repeat after him
- Ask him to repeat the verse again if you want
- Repeat the verses again at home.
Surah Quraish in English
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. For the keeping of the Quraish
2. For their keeping to the journey in the winter and the summer-
3. Let them worship the Lord of this House,
4. Who hath fed them against hunger, and hath rendered them secure from fear.
Surah Quraish in roman English
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Li-eelaafi quraish
- Eelaafihim rihlatash shitaaa’i wassaif
- Faly’abudoo rabba haazal-bait
- Allazeee at’amahum min joo’inw-wa-aamanahum min khawf
Surah Quraish in Arabic
1. لِإِيلَافِ قُرَيْشٍ
2. إِيلَافِهِمْ رِحْلَةَ الشِّتَاءِ وَالصَّيْفِ
3. فَلْيَعْبُدُوا رَبَّ هَٰذَا الْبَيْتِ
4. الَّذِي أَطْعَمَهُمْ مِنْ جُوعٍ وَآمَنَهُمْ مِنْ خَوْفٍ
Although the surah le elaf quraish has singled out the Quraish tribe to talk about others, as Nur Al-Huda said-the prayers of Allah on him and delivered him – In the Hadith of the Prophet (PBUH): this Surah has singled out the Quraysh from other tribes. However, all Muslims should look to the lessons learned from Surah Quraysh, as we will explain below: Allah’s many blessings in the life of every human being are innumerable: if they transgress Allah’s Grace is not counted, man is a sinful infidel.
وَإِن تَعُدُّواْ نِعْمَةَ اللّهِ لاَ تُحْصُوهَا إِنَّ الإِنسَانَ لَظَلُومٌ كَفَّار[Ibrahim: 34].
The greatest blessings in the life of mankind after the grace of faith in Allah: let man look at his food * I poured water in the morning * and then we split the Earth * so we grew in it love * grapes and rods * olives and palm * gardens of victory * fruit and father * goods for you and your children.
فَلْيَنظُرِ الإِنسَانُ إِلَى طَعَامِه * أَنَّا صَبَبْنَا الْمَاء صَبًّا * ثُمَّ شَقَقْنَا الأَرْضَ شَقًّا * فَأَنبَتْنَا فِيهَا حَبًّا * وَعِنَبًا وَقَضْبًا * وَزَيْتُونًا وَنَخْلاً * وَحَدَائِقَ غُلْبًا * وَفَاكِهَةً وَأَبًّا * مَّتَاعًا لَّكُمْ وَلأَنْعَامِكُم ﴾[Abs: 24-32].
The feeling of security from the blessings with which the slave must thank his Allah, and which others do not enjoy: those who believe and do not wear their faith in the injustice of those have security and are guided.
الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَلَمْ يَلْبِسُواْ إِيمَانَهُم بِظُلْمٍ أُوْلَئِكَ لَهُمُ الأَمْنُ وَهُم مُّهْتَدُون
﴾[Al An’am: 82].
This is in addition to the Hadeeth of the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “whoever of you has become safe in his flock. Healthy in his body. “He has the strength of his day. He is thankful for Allah’s grace and forgiveness. Allah promised those of you who believed and did good deeds to succeed them in the land as those before they did, and to enable them to have the religion that satisfied them and to replace them after their fear of our mother, they worship me with nothing, and those who disbelieve after that, these are the wicked.
وَعَدَ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مِنكُمْ وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ لَيَسْتَخْلِفَنَّهُم فِي الأَرْضِ كَمَا اسْتَخْلَفَ الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِهِمْ وَلَيُمَكِّنَنَّ لَهُمْ دِينَهُمُ الَّذِي ارْتَضَى لَهُمْ وَلَيُبَدِّلَنَّهُم مِّن بَعْدِ خَوْفِهِمْ أَمْنًا يَعْبُدُونَنِي لاَ يُشْرِكُونَ بِي شَيْئًا وَمَن كَفَرَ بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ فَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الْفَاسِقُون [Al-Nur: 55].
And when you give your Allah permission, if you thank you, I will increase you, and if you disbelieve, my punishment is severe )