Surah qamar is one of the Meccan surahs and its verses are 55 verses. Surah al qamar talks about reminding people of the time of the approaching hour and its events, and how the moon will cause splitting, and it warns the liars who said that the verses of the book are magic and that they follow whims.
Qamar surah also talks about a number of people, namely: the people of Aad, the people of Thamud, the people of Noah, the people of Lot, and the family of Pharaoh. it also contains verses to encourage and intimidate
It is called Surat” Al-Qamar“, and according to the Salaf, in the books of interpretation it is called” Surah The Hour has approached” or “Surah It has approached”, and it is the first word in the Surah.
Surah e qamar is sure news that the time of the Hour is approaching, and that is why the Messenger – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him – recited al-qamar surah in large crowds, such as on holidays and gatherings, in order for people to hear the prophetic verses, evidence, and considerations in this surah, especially since the people of Makkah asked the Messenger – May prayers and peace be upon them – to show them a verse on the evidence of his prophecy, so this incident and those concerned with this incident at that time are the people of Makkah. the tribe of Quraysh and not the common people, in the hadith of Anas bin Malik – may Allah be pleased with him -: May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him – to show them a sign, and show them the splitting of the moon.
So let’s get acquainted together with surah Qamar and the most important thing you talk about.
Why was surah Qamar revealed?
The reason for the revelation of surah al qamar was the splitting of the moon during the era of the Messenger – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him-.
The Quraysh said about this incident that it was just magic, and they asked the people to ask a man called Ibn Abi Kabsha. When they asked him, he said: Yes, we have seen. Then Allah Almighty revealed.
اقْتَرَبَتِ السَّاعَةُ وَانشَقَّ الْقَمَرُ * وَإِن يَرَوْا آيَةً يُعْرِضُوا وَيَقُولُوا سِحْرٌ مُّسْتَمِرٌّ
Where was surah Qamar revealed?
Qamar surah is one of the Surahs of the Noble Qur’an that was revealed in Makkah and was revealed to the Holy Prophet approximately before the Hijrah, in the fifth year of the Prophethood, after Surat Al-Tariq, and before Surat S.
When was surah Qamar revealed?
Al-Qamar surah was revealed to the Holy Prophet approximately before the Hijrah, in the fifth year of his mission, and it was revealed after the splitting of the moon and the polytheists’ denial of this miracle and they’re saying that this event is magic.
Surah Qamar read online
Why the surah was named al Qamar?
Surah e Qamar is like the rest of the Surahs of the Noble Qur’an, which was not mentioned in a noble hadith in its name but was named by “al qamar “in order to distinguish between them, and this name was based on the discretion of the Companions – may Allah be pleased with them – according to what is mentioned in the Surah of a distinct word, and as is customary in naming the Surahs.
Al-qamar surah is named after that. Because surah Qamar began by describing the event of the splitting of the moon, which indicates the approaching Hour.
What is the main theme of surah al qamar?
Surah al qamar has 55 verses, and it talked about many topics and mentioned some stories of the prophets in them.
Together, we learn about the most important topics of the surah, which are as follows:
- The miracle of the splitting of the moon and the position of the criminals thereof.
- Noah’s story.The story of Aad and the people of Hood.
- The story of Thamud and the people of Saleh.
- Lot’s story.The story of the Pharaoh’s family.
- The infidels of Quraish mocked the fate of the criminals.
- Punishment of the righteous.
Is surah qamar makki or madani?
Surah qamar is one of the Meccan surahs that were revealed to the Prophet, peace, and blessings be upon him, in Mecca before the Hijrah.
In which para is surah al qamar?
it is located in the twenty-seventh part.
- arranged in the 54th Qur’an.
- The number of surah al Qamar verses: 55 verses.
- Word Count: 342.
- The number of characters: 1438.
- Prostrations: no.
- A number of verses on special topics: The miracle of the splitting of the moon and the attitude of the polytheists to it.
- The order of the qamar surah in the Quran: It is located between Surat Al-Najm and Surat Al-Rahman.
- Descent order: 37.
How to memorize surah al Qamar?
it has 55 verses, and you can memorize surah al Qamar in a simple and easy way by using the following mental map and dividing the surah into parts according to each group of verses and what these verses are talking about.
- From verses 1 to 8: The miracle of the splitting of the moon and the attitude of criminals towards it.
- From verses 9 to 17: The story of Noah.
- From verses 18 to 22: The story of Aad and the people of Hud.
- From verses 23 to 32: The story of Thamud and the righteous people.
- From verses 33 to 40: The story of Lot.
- From verses 41 to 42: The story of the Pharaoh’s family.
- From verses 43 to 53: The infidels of Quraish taunt the fate of the criminals.
- From verses 54 to 55: The reward of the righteous.
And you can follow these steps to help to memorize al-qamar surah :
- Make the intention to preserve it for the sake of Allah’s pleasure and benefit from it, and be sincere in your intention until Allah helps you to preserve it.
- You should study the verses well and read them and listen to one of the sheiks as they know the intonation and listen to the correct pronunciation of the verses. you can seek the help of a sheik or listen to one of the sheiks on the internet.
- You can divide surah qamar verses and memorize ten or more verses every day due to your mental ability to memorize and absorb your mind.
- You can race with a friend to memorize and review together, and this will help you memorize faster.
- you have to memorize one Quran, as your mind records the shape of the pages, and this helps you to remember the verses.
- you have to review daily and you can pray by the verses that you memorize until you install the theme in your mind, and you have to review what has been memorized from them while keeping a new portion daily.
Surah al-qamar benefits
Qamar surah has many benefits as the following:
- it has great merit, as do all the chapters of the Noble Qur’an, and one of its virtues is that the Prophet, peace, and blessings be upon him, used to recite al-qamar surah during the Eid al-Fitr prayer.
- And the Eid al-Adha prayer, as he used to recite in the Fajr prayer, makes it clear to people that the time of the hour is near and they must work for this day and draw closer to Allah.
- it contains a warning to people that the Hour is approaching, which is the end, and therefore it urges people to do righteous deeds for the sake of this day and in order to meet their Lord with good deeds that will bring them closer to Him and lead them to Paradise.
- Surah e qamar depicts one of the scenes on the Day of Resurrection, which is the scene of people coming out of their graves in a hurry in fear and dread.
- Then, surah al qamar verses strike the parables of the previous nations and show how Allah – the Mighty and Sublime – destroyed the nations that denied the messengers and fought them like the people of Thamud.
- The verses of surah present the story of the people of Lot – peace be upon him – and mention the story of his salvation and those who believed with him, mercy from Allah, for Allah Almighty saves the believers from torment.
- Then the blessed verses address the polytheists of the Arabs and warn them of the fate of previous nations, then the verses of the last surah explain the fate of the believers and the wretched criminals on the Day of Resurrection.
Hadith on surah al qamar
There have been many hadiths about surah e Qamar, including:
The first hadith
Abdullah bin Masoud – may Allah be pleased with him – said: “The moon split while we were with the Prophet – may Allah bless him and grant him peace – and it became two sects, so he said to us: bear witness, bear witness.”
The second hadith
In Sahih al-Bukhari on the authority of Abdullah bin Masoud – may Allah be pleased with him – he said: “The moon was split during the time of the Messenger of Allah – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him – so the polytheists said: This is magic that Ibn Abi Kabsha has enchanted you, but look at those who come from the travelers and ask them, so they came and asked them and they said: we saw him split.
The third hadith
Omar Ibn Al-Khattab asked Abu Waqid Al-Laithi: “What did the Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, recite during Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha? He said: He used to recite the Holy Qur’an and the Holy Qur’an the hour drew near, and the moon was split Narrator: Obaidullah bin Abdullah bin Utbah, Hadith: Al-Albani – Source: Sahih Al-Tirmidhi.
Surah qamar summary
it is one of the Meccan surahs, and the most important axis around which Surah Al Qamar revolves is the incident of the splitting of the moon, which is as follows:
The moon split at the time of the Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, a real rift that was witnessed and witnessed with the naked eye when the polytheists of Quraish demanded from the beloved chosen one to bring them a verse to prove his sincerity, and in that he said on the authority of Abu Muammar: Then the moon split into two pieces, one behind the mountain and one below it, so the Messenger of God, may God bless him and grant him peace, said to us: “Worship me.
اقْتَرَبَتِ السَّاعَةُ وَانْشَقَّ الْقَمَر
And whoever claims otherwise, there is no basis for him, as many hadiths on the authority of the Companions mentioned this fact.
Qamar surah also included many lessons and rulings, including the following:
- Introducing the Qur’an. Proving that the resurrection is an indisputable reality and mentioning some of its horrors and conditions.
- Reminding the polytheists of Quraish of the nations and peoples that preceded them, and what happened to them as a result of the sins they committed and insisting on disbelief in Allah.
- Emphasis on the absolute knowledge of Allah in everything that creation does, and the consequences of that knowledge that the reward is in accordance with the work.
- Intimidating the polytheists of Quraish with defeat and disgrace in this world, in addition to what awaits them in the Hereafter of great torment and punishment.