Throughout the verses of surah muzzamil, we will see how The prophet Peace be Upon Him and his companions, were tortured and insulted by the infidels, and how Allah is the All-merciful, he knows all your weakness, pain, and sadness, and he is the Almighty doctor to all your diseases and pains.
Praying at night is a special gift for Muslims, pure power to complete your way even though it’s full of difficulties, and gather your scattered pieces of mind, patience, and power.
Al-Muzzammil ( المزمل ) is an Arabic word that means the enshrouded, the carefully covered, or the enfolded one, this is the name that Allah called our beloved Prophet PBUH with at the beginning of surah Muzzammil.
Meeting with Gabriel
Here, the prophet Muhammed Peace Be Upon him was in “the cave of Hira’a” and suddenly an enormous creature appeared, later on, he knew that this creature was the revelation-Angel Gabriel, peace be upon him.
The Prophet Peace be upon him was terrified, he thought that he was harmed by the devil, then Gabriel came closer and clutched him, then he released him and said” read” the prophet Muhammed PBUH didn’t know what to read or how then he said I can’t read.
Gabriel clutched him again and again, in the last time Gabriel read to him the verses of Al Al Qalam.
The prophet returned home, and he met his beloved wife, the mother of the believers Khadija Bint Khuwayled, may Allah be pleasing with her and pleased her, then he asked her to cover him carefully” Zammlony”.
surah muzammil read online
Where is surah Muzammil in Quran?
Surat Muzzamil is in the para 29th of the Quran, it’s the surah number 73, and its location in Quran is after surah Al-Jin and before Al-Modather.
How to read surah Muzammil?
Surah muzzamil is like the other verses of the Quran; there is no special way or number to read it.
- It’s preferred to do prostration before reading Quran and then say “Al Basmallah”
- Try to read Tafseer while reading to understand the meanings of the verses.
- Surah muzammil online reading if you couldn’t read from the Quran Holy Book.
Where was surah Muzammil revealed?
Surah Muzamil consisted of 20 verses, the first 19 verses were revealed in Mecca and the last verse was revealed in Medina that is the most accurate story about the revelation, there is another narration that all the verses were revealed in Mecca, but we will explain why this is not suggested.
When was surah Muzammil revealed?
Surah Al muzzammil is the second surah that was revealed after the beginning of revelation, just after the revelation of surah Al Qalam.
The Quranic scholars said that the most probably accurate narration about the time of revelation is that the first 19 verses were revealed before the migration of the prophet, Peace Be Upon Him, to Medina, and the last verse was revealed lately after the settling of the prophecy rules in Medina.
Why was surah Muzammil revealed?
Muzammil surah is one of the surahs that you could understand the reasons for the revelation easily when you are reciting the verses, and we will mention those reasons:
after the first revelation:
As we mentioned before, surah muzzammil was the second surah after the first revelation of the Quran, that miraculous night after his Holy concurrence with the revelation angel Gabriel Peace be upon him, our beloved prophet was terrified, and his heart was broken when he knew the prophecy of waraqa Ibn nawfal, that his people will take him out of Mecca, Allah revealed those verses to cure his broken heart and restore his power.
The harm of the infidels
After the revelation the prophet, peace be upon him, began his prophethood with his companions, he knew that he would face difficulties and challenges, but he was sad that challenges are from his people, they were concurred to make devil plans for him and his companions.
The obligation of night prayer
In the beginning, Allah obligated the night prayer for the prophet and his companions. The mother of believers, Aisha may Allah be pleased with her, said that the prophet and his companions were praying at night till their feet were swollen up.
Mitigation of the night prayer
Then after the migration of the prophet to Medina, the revelation came with the mitigation, the night prayer became Sunnah for the believers.
What is surah Muzammil read for?
There is no authentic hadith about the virtues of surah al muzzammil, and the mentioned hadith about reading surat muzzamil are weak, and here they are:
- Whoever reads muzammil surah will defeat the difficulties in world life and the life after.
- O Ali, whoever reads it, Allah will give him the reward of the scholars and fire barrier on the resurrection day.
Why do we recite surah muzammil?
There are no particular purposes for reciting muzammil surah and the narrations about that are false narrations, but the virtues that you could have are:
- The virtue of reciting the verses of surah Muzzamil is like the other verses, the deeds of each letter as if you read ten letters.
- Deep thinking about the punishment of the disbelievers and infidels.
- The knowledge about the sacrifices and the difficulties that the prophet PBUH faced to hand over the religion to us.
In which Para is surah Muzammil?
Surah muzzammil is chapter number 73 in the 29th para of the Quran.
Surah Muzammil benefits
Although there is no authentic hadith about the benefits of the surah muzammil when you look attentively at the verses you will find the benefits and lessons by yourself
The prestige and virtue of the night prayer
It’s not only worship to get goods to reach heaven, it’s soul power and strength from weakness, seeking support from the king of kings who has the entire power.
The patience throughout the way of Allah
The prophet, peace be upon him, faced the infidels humiliates and torments with patience, and neglect them at the beginning of his prophethood way.
You may face many challenges on your way to achieving your aims, but you must be patient till you reach your aim.
The way of prophecy was a hard way
Our beloved prophet PBUH has made many sacrifices and faced many challenges to give us the religion safely.
We should love, follow, and defend him and his companions.
Praying at night is not a reason to be sleeping during the day, Muslims are eager worshipers at night and hard workers during the day.
Surah Muzammil tafseer
The night pray obligation, (verses 1-10)
- “O, Enshrouded one”
This is a vocative case, and it represented the special prestige of the calling person, the prophet peace be upon him.
Here, Allah called the prophet by the state that he was sad and terrified, the merciful God Knew what is in your deep feelings, he knew that you are deeply hurt from your people, and he is the witness, he will cure even your deepest fears and sadness.
- Arise the night, except a little.
Wake up and perform the prayer at night, Tahajud, it was a command for the prophet and his companions to perform Tahajud as an obligatory prayer.
- Half of it, or decrease from it A little.
You could pray for Half the night or less.
- “Or increase and recite the Quran with measured recitation”.
Or you can pray more than half and repeat the Quran loudly with a submissive voice.
- Indeed, we will send to you a heavy saying.
Allah will reveal to you the Quran, and it’s a great thing, it needs great power to hold this responsibility.
- Indeed, worship at night is the perfect one and the right saying”
Praying at night is more effective in achieving complete submission to Allah, the tongue will recite, and the heart will agree.
- Indeed, you will have a long time working through the day.
Although you have to pray at night and sleep a little, you should have to work for your religion and sustenance.
- “And remember the name of your lord and devote to him completely”
Here your heart will be separated from all the world life and what is in it, even if your hand touches those desires they won’t touch your heart, your soul will be completely submissive to your Almighty Lord.
- The lord of east and west, no God except Him, so take him as the disposer of affairs”
He is the Almighty Lord of all the world no God worthy to be worshiped except Him, so surrender to him, he is the disposer of all your Affairs.
- And be patient about what they are saying and avoid them graciously.
Allah knew that the prophet’s peace is upon him and was sad about what he heard from your people, let them in their way don’t lose your power, one time the right will appear, and they will know.
The punishment of infidels, verses 11-19
- And leave me with the disbelievers, with wealth, and let them respite for a while.
And leave me to deal with those deniers who deny our verses, and are boasting with luxury, give him a rest, they will face their torment in life and in the life after.
- Indeed, we have shackles and fires.
They will face their hard torment at the end, shackles and fire.
- And food that chokes, and painful torment.
Even the food at the end will be a punishment for them.
- That day, the earth and mountains will shiver, and the mountains will be turned into hills of sand pouring.
- Indeed, we sent the messenger as a witness upon you, as we had sent a messenger to Pharaoh.
Muhammed PBUH is a prophet from Allah, to give you the message of Allah that was revealed to him, and to be A witness upon you, what you have done with this message, as Allah sent to pharaoh and his people Moses.
- But Pharaoh didn’t obey the messenger, so we grasped him tormentedly.
Pharaoh disbelieve Moses and disobey his message from Allah, so his end was a severe life, and he will be tortured in his life after.
- So, how can you avoid, if you disbelieve, a day that can make the children white-haired?
On Resurrection Day, that day there is no way to escape from Allah, even the children will be terrified.
- The sky will break apart, that was his promise to be fulfilled.
Even the powerful sky will be cracked due to the resurrection day horrors.
- Indeed, this is a reminder to those who want to take away to their lord.
Those verses are a reminder to understand the punishment of the disbelievers and to return to Allah.
Night pray mitigation verse 20
- Indeed, Allah knows that you, Muhammed peace be upon him, stand to pray almost the two-third of the night, half, and the third of it, and some of your companions do, and Allah measures the night and day, He knew that you will not be able to measure it, so he accepted your seeking of forgiveness.
Then recite what you can from the Quran, He Knew that there will be ill people from you, and others are working on the earth to seek the bounty of Allah, and others are fighting in the way of Allah, so recite as you can of it.
And perform the prayer, give the mandatory money” Zakah”, and Loan Allah a goodly loan, and whatever you offer to yourself from good, you will find with Allah, this is better and gracious in reward, and ask for forgiveness from Allah, indeed he is forgiver and Merciful.
Surah Al-Muzzammil is meccan or Medinan
Surah Muzamil is divided into two divisions:
The Meccan verses
They are the verses from 1-19 and they are characterized by the followings:
- Short verses
- Strong rhythmic sounds.
- The consequences of the disobedience and disbelieving of the verse of Allah.
- The resurrection day horrors
The medinan verse:
Verse number 19 is a Medinan surah and it’s characterized by the following:
- The verse is so long.
- Talking about Zakah and it was obligated after migration.
How to recite surah muzammil?
Reciting the Quran is reading verses loudly with submissive voices.
The best way to recite the Quran is to learn tajweed firstly, that is to recite without melody and distortion.
Surah muzammil read online and listening to audios of the famous reciters will help you to recite the Quran correctly.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Rahman School’s ( online Quran school ) Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Rahman School’s Arabic classes, Quran classes, Islamic studies class, Quran tajweed class, ijazah Quran and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Rahman School offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Rahman School has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Rahman School gives you and your children the chance to learn with al Rahman school who are going to be your kids’ new friends, accompanying them in their learning process and encouraging them to learn more.
surah muzammil mp3 download
Rahman School is the source for high-quality recitations of the Quran Download and listen to Surah 073 Al-Muzzammil Playlist of 073 Al-Muzzammil by various Reciters (Download )
surah muzammil in english
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. O thou enwrapped!
2. Stay up the night long and save a little –
3. A half thereof, or abate a little thereof,
4. Or increase thereto. And intone the Qur´an with a measured intention.
5. Verily We! anon We shall cast upon thee a weighty word.
6. Verily the rising by night! it is most curbing and most conducive to right speech.
7. Verily there is for thee by day occupation prolonged.
8. And remember thou the name of thy Lord, and devote thyself to Him with an exclusive devotion.
9. Lord of the east and the west! No God is there but He! Wherefore take Him for thy trustee.
10. And bear thou with patience whatsoever they say, and depart from them with a becoming departure.
11. And let Me alone with the beliefs, owners of ease: and respite thou them a little.
12. Verily with Us are heavy fetters and Scorch.
13. And food that choketh and a torment afflictive.
14. On a Day whereon the earth and the mountains shall quake, and the mountains shall become a sand-heap poured forth.
15. Verily We! We have sent Unto you an apostle, a witness over you, even as We sent Unto Fir´awn an apostle.
16. Then Fir´awn disobeyed the apostle, wherefore We laid hold of him with a painful hold.
17. How then, if ye disbelieve, shall ye escape, on a day which shall make children grey-headed.
18. And the heaven shall be split therein. His Promise needs must be fulfilled.
19. Verily this is an admonition; let him, therefore, who will choose a way Unto his Lord.
20. Verily thy Lord knoweth that thou stayest up near two-thirds of the night, Or half thereof, or a third thereof, and also a party of those who are with thee. And Allah measureth the night and the day. He knoweth that ye can compute it not, He hath relented toward you. Wherefore recite now of the Qur´an, so much as is easy. He knoweth that there will be among you some diseased, and others shall be traveling in the land seeking the grace of Allah, and others shall be fighting in the way of Allah. Wherefore recite thereof so much as is easy; and establish the prayer and give the poor-rate and lend Unto Allah a goodly loan. Whatsoever good ye shall send on for your souls, ye shall find it with Allah, better and greater in reward. And ask forgiveness of Allah; verily Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
surah muzammil in roman english
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Ya aiyuhal muzzammil
- Qumil laila illaa qaleelaa
- Nisfahooo awinqus minhu qaleelaa
- Aw zid ‘alaihi wa rattilil Qur’aana tarteela
- Innaa sanulqee ‘alaika qawlan saqeelaa
- Inn naashi’atal laili hiya ashadddu wat anw wa aqwamu qeelaa
- Inna laka fin nahaari sabhan taweelaa
- Wazkuris ma rabbika wa tabattal ilaihi tabteelaa
- Rabbul mashriqi wal maghriibi laaa ilaaha illaa Huwa fattakhizhu wakeelaa
- Wasbir ‘alaa maa yaqoo loona wahjurhum hajran jameelaa
- Wa zarnee walmukaz zibeena ulin na’mati wa mahhilhum qaleelaa
- Inna ladainaaa ankaalanw wa jaheemaa
- Wa ta’aaman zaa ghussa tinw wa’azaaban aleemaa
- Yawma tarjuful ardu waljibaalu wa kaanatil jibaalu kaseebam maheelaa
- Innaa arsalnaaa ilaikum rasoolan shaahidan ‘aleykum kamaaa arsalnaaa ilaa Fir’awna rasoolaa
- Fa’asaa Fir’awnur Rasoola fa akhaznaahu akhzanw wabeelaa
- Fakaifa tattaqoona in kafartum yawmany yaj’alul wildaana sheeba
- Assamaaa’u munfatirum bih; kaana wa’duhoo maf’oola
- Inna haazihee tazkiratun fa man shaaa’at takhaza ilaa Rabbihee sabeelaa
- Inna Rabbaka ya’lamu annaka taqoomu adnaa min sulusa yil laili wa nisfahoo wa sulusahoo wa taaa’ifatum minal lazeena ma’ak; wal laahu yuqaddirul laila wanna haar; ‘alima al lan tuhsoohu fataaba ‘alaikum faqra’oo maa tayassara minal quraan; ‘alima an sa yakoonu minkum mardaa wa aakharoona yadriboona fil ardi yabtaghoona min fadlil laahi wa aakharoona yuqaatiloona fee sabeelil laahi faqra’oo ma tayassara minhu wa aqeemus salaata wa aatuz zakaata wa aqridul laaha qardan hasanaa; wa maa tuqaddimoo li anfusikum min khairin tajidoohu ‘indal laahi huwa khayranw wa a’zama ajraa; wastaghfirul laahaa innal laaha ghafoorur raheem.
surah muzammil text in Arabic
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
1. يَا أَيُّهَا الْمُزَّمِّلُ
2. قُمِ اللَّيْلَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا
3. نِصْفَهُ أَوِ انْقُصْ مِنْهُ قَلِيلًا
4. أَوْ زِدْ عَلَيْهِ وَرَتِّلِ الْقُرْآنَ تَرْتِيلًا
5. إِنَّا سَنُلْقِي عَلَيْكَ قَوْلًا ثَقِيلًا
6. إِنَّ نَاشِئَةَ اللَّيْلِ هِيَ أَشَدُّ وَطْئًا وَأَقْوَمُ قِيلًا
7. إِنَّ لَكَ فِي النَّهَارِ سَبْحًا طَوِيلًا
8. وَاذْكُرِ اسْمَ رَبِّكَ وَتَبَتَّلْ إِلَيْهِ تَبْتِيلًا
9. رَبُّ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ فَاتَّخِذْهُ وَكِيلًا
10. وَاصْبِرْ عَلَىٰ مَا يَقُولُونَ وَاهْجُرْهُمْ هَجْرًا جَمِيلًا
11. وَذَرْنِي وَالْمُكَذِّبِينَ أُولِي النَّعْمَةِ وَمَهِّلْهُمْ قَلِيلًا
12. إِنَّ لَدَيْنَا أَنْكَالًا وَجَحِيمًا
13. وَطَعَامًا ذَا غُصَّةٍ وَعَذَابًا أَلِيمًا
14. يَوْمَ تَرْجُفُ الْأَرْضُ وَالْجِبَالُ وَكَانَتِ الْجِبَالُ كَثِيبًا مَهِيلًا
15. إِنَّا أَرْسَلْنَا إِلَيْكُمْ رَسُولًا شَاهِدًا عَلَيْكُمْ كَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا إِلَىٰ فِرْعَوْنَ رَسُولًا
16. فَعَصَىٰ فِرْعَوْنُ الرَّسُولَ فَأَخَذْنَاهُ أَخْذًا وَبِيلًا
17. فَكَيْفَ تَتَّقُونَ إِنْ كَفَرْتُمْ يَوْمًا يَجْعَلُ الْوِلْدَانَ شِيبًا
18. السَّمَاءُ مُنْفَطِرٌ بِهِ ۚ كَانَ وَعْدُهُ مَفْعُولًا
19. إِنَّ هَٰذِهِ تَذْكِرَةٌ ۖ فَمَنْ شَاءَ اتَّخَذَ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِ سَبِيلًا
20. إِنَّ رَبَّكَ يَعْلَمُ أَنَّكَ تَقُومُ أَدْنَىٰ مِنْ ثُلُثَيِ اللَّيْلِ وَنِصْفَهُ وَثُلُثَهُ وَطَائِفَةٌ مِنَ الَّذِينَ مَعَكَ ۚ وَاللَّهُ يُقَدِّرُ اللَّيْلَ وَالنَّهَارَ ۚ عَلِمَ أَنْ لَنْ تُحْصُوهُ فَتَابَ عَلَيْكُمْ ۖ فَاقْرَءُوا مَا تَيَسَّرَ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ ۚ عَلِمَ أَنْ سَيَكُونُ مِنْكُمْ مَرْضَىٰ ۙ وَآخَرُونَ يَضْرِبُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ يَبْتَغُونَ مِنْ فَضْلِ اللَّهِ ۙ وَآخَرُونَ يُقَاتِلُونَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ۖ فَاقْرَءُوا مَا تَيَسَّرَ مِنْهُ ۚ وَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَأَقْرِضُوا اللَّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا ۚ وَمَا تُقَدِّمُوا لِأَنْفُسِكُمْ مِنْ خَيْرٍ تَجِدُوهُ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ هُوَ خَيْرًا وَأَعْظَمَ أَجْرًا ۚ وَاسْتَغْفِرُوا اللَّهَ ۖ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ
surah muzammil summary
Surah muzzammil is one of the surahs that was revealed early in Mecca, it was revealed after the first revelation, Al Qalam surah.
The verses of surat muzzamil are 20 verses.
The prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, was sad about what he heard about the evil plans of his people Quraish to get him out of his country, Allah knew his deep sadness and he is merciful.
The verses of surah muzammil taught us to be patient in the way of Allah and we will reach the aim that we are seeking to achieve.
How Many Meccan Surahs are there?
There are two sayings about the actual number of the Meccan surahs, one said that there are 82 and the other said that they are 86.
The Meccan surah are those which were revealed before the migration of the Prophet Peace be upon him, to Medinah
They are mainly characterized by their short verses and obvious rhythm, talking about the previous nations, and resurrection day.
How many Meccan and Medinan surahs are there?
There are 82 Meccan surahs and 20 Medinan surahs, and for the remaining 12 surahs, there is dis concurance about if they are Meccan or Medinan.