In 570th AD, “Abraha Al Ashram” (أبرهة) prepared a great army to demolish Al Ka’aba, distinguished by magnificent fighting elephants, and at the end of this war, he and his army were defeated by weak creatures, successive birds with baked clay in their beaks struck his army and prevented their evil plan to destroy Kaaba.
Surah feel meaning
Here we will dive together into the depth of the surah Al feel story and Tafseer of sura feel.
ٍAbraha Al ashram and his Army:
Abraha Al Ashram was a Christian king who was born in Al Habasha and ruled Yemen then he built a great church in Sanaa, the capital of Yemen, with all characters of greatness and wealth to tempt Arab to go instead of the sacred house in Mecca.
One day some Arabs burned a fire to get warm, but the wind turned the fire into the church and burned it, when Abraha knew he decided to take his revenge by destroying Kaaba, and that was what he wanted from the beginning.
He prepared a great army with enormous fighting Elephants, he was boasting with his army that it can’t be defeated.
When he almost arrived, he asked to meet one of the Nobel of Quraish and Abdul Moutalib the grandfather of the Prophet Peace be Upon Him, come to meet him and asked to give his herd of camels back, Abraha was shocked why he didn’t ask about the house, Abdul Moutalib said I am the owner of the camels and the owner of the house will protect it.
Surah Feel reading
Where was surah feel revealed?
Surat feel was revealed in Mecca, the Mecca chapters are characterized by some characters that were prevailed in Al fil surah, such as:
- The shortness of the verses.
- Allah talked about the past eras, before revelation.
- Proclamation for all mankind about the end of the oppressors in world life and also in the life after.
When was surah Al feel revealed?
- Surat alfil was revealed before the migration of Muhammad, Peace Be Upon Him, and before Al Kafroon Surah.
- It’s a Makki sura, and its order according to the revelation is the 19th.
Why was surah feel revealed?
There are no narrations about the reason for the revelation, surah Al feel the story is not the reason for the revelation, because it happened before the prophethood era, and mentioning it in the Quran is called “Akhbar” which means telling the news about the past eras.
Is surah feel makki or madani?
Surat Alfil is Makki sura, it was revealed after Al kafroon, the Makki surah is characterized by the shortness of verses and talking about miracles and news of the previous nations.
Surah feel benefits
There are no true narrations about the prophet Muhammad Peace be Upon him about the benefits of Al-fil surah, and the two narrations that were mentioned are not true, and they are:
- The first narration is that whoever red sura feel Allah saved him from malformation and eclipse.
- The other one that the prophet PBUH told Ali Ibn Abi Talib may Allah be pleased with him that whoever read that chapter will have deeds as if he gave his weight as a charity, and when he came out from the grave he will have drinks as the number he read and will have the deeds of righteous.
As we said both narrations are false, but every verse of the Quran gives us lessons and benefits such as:
- The house, Al Kaaba, has an owner to protect it:
That was the response of Abd Al moutalib, the grandfather of Muhammad peace be upon him, to Abraha.
That was his sincere faith, and it should be ours, Allah will protect his religion.
- Early in Islam, the prophet and his companions needed those verses to strengthen their faith and power, that no matter what your enemies are and no matter the powers they have, Allah will supply you with his soldiers even the weak birds will become brave soldiers in your wars.
- This story was also a reminder to those who were arrogant with their powers and wealth, your dignity and wealth could be lost by the will of Allah, so return to Almighty God and seek his forgiveness and pleasing.
Surah feel dua
There are wrong claims about repeating al-fil sura many times as praying to Allah to defeat the wrongdoers, that hadn’t been proven and are not true, and doing it without proof is a big mistake.
What is the main theme of surah feel?
As we explained before, surah al feel is talking about the end of one of the wrongdoers who challenged any power to stop him from destroying the sacred house.
Abraha decided, prepared, and intended to demolish Kaaba, although he knew that it was built by an order of Allah because he was Christian.
Allah give him the punishment he deserved and the place he must be in, he was defeated with his unbeatable army by a group of birds with stones in their beaks.
Here is the end of each wrongdoer, those who oppress and think that Allah can’t!
ِAllah sees, Allah knows, and Allah is the witness he gives the wrongdoers chance, but he never neglects their punishment.
Surat Alfil Tafsir
Surat feel is composed of 5 verses, the first two are interrogative sentences” asking” and this is one of the rhetorical styles in the Quranic language in order to demonstrate the meaning.
- In the first verse, Allah Asked his prophet Peace be upon him didn’t you see how Allah dealt with the owners of elephants?
Here the answer would be no because this accident happened before his birth, but the actual meaning is don’t you know what happened to them, how Allah destroyed their evil plan to demolish Kaaba.
- “Haven’t he made their evil plan to mislead?
Allah asked, but he has complete knowledge, did not Allah destroy his evil plan and make them a memory for all mankind till the end of the world’s life?
- “And he sent against them groups of successive birds, Ababil”
Allah sent massive, and successive groups of birds, that’s the meaning of the word Ababil.
- “They struck them with baked clay”
Those weak creatures, with stones on their feet and beaks, stopped the elephants, and they couldn’t move forward and killed the warriors.
- “Then he made them like eaten straw”
ِAllah defeated Abraha and his unbeatable army and turned them into the decay that exists after the harvest of the crops.
Surah Al Feel mp3
Surah Feel in English
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. Have you not considered how your Lord dealt with the People of the Elephant (- the army of Abrahah, the viceroy of the Negus, king of Abyssînia, at Yeman)?
2. Did He not (cause the war to end in confusion and) ruin their plan (to destroy Kaaba by making it revert on themselves)?
3. And He sent against them flocks of birds,
4. (Which tore off the flesh from their bodies to eat by) striking them against stones of hardened and petrified clay.
5. And thus He reduced them to rotten chaff (and in a similar way will they be ruined who would ever make an attack to destroy Kaaba).
Surah Feel in roman English
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Alam tara kaifa fa’ala rabbuka bi ashaabil feel
- Alam yaj’al kaidahum fee tadleel
- Wa arsala ‘alaihim tairan abaabeel
- Tarmeehim bihijaaratim min sijjeel
- Faja ‘alahum ka’asfim m’akool
Surah Feel in Arabic
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
1. أَلَمْ تَرَ كَيْفَ فَعَلَ رَبُّكَ بِأَصْحَابِ الْفِيلِ
2. أَلَمْ يَجْعَلْ كَيْدَهُمْ فِي تَضْلِيلٍ
3. وَأَرْسَلَ عَلَيْهِمْ طَيْرًا أَبَابِيلَ
4. تَرْمِيهِمْ بِحِجَارَةٍ مِنْ سِجِّيلٍ
5. فَجَعَلَهُمْ كَعَصْفٍ مَأْكُولٍ
Summary of Sura Feel
In Quran, Allah gave us the news of the past eras and nations, many of them to understand the way that Allah rules, rewards, punishes, and
One of those news stories is the surah al feel story.
Here Allah told us how the wrongdoers can be punished and how Allah can preserve his religion and his believers, even the birds will become your protective warriors under the will of Allah.
Abraha is one of the wrongdoers kings in the history, he tried to district the pilgrims from mecca many times, and he failed, Allah gave him chance to stop,
but he insisted on challenging the power of Allah to protect his sacred house, so in the end, Allah protected his house, and Abraha and his army were defeated.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Rahman School’s ( online Quran school ) Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Rahman School’s Arabic classes, Quran classes, Islamic studies class, Quran tajweed class, ijazah Quran and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Rahman School offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Rahman School has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Rahman School gives you and your children the chance to learn with al Rahman school who are going to be your kids’ new friends, accompanying them in their learning process and encouraging them to learn more.
When Abraha launched attack on Kaaba?
Abraha was a Christian king who ruled Yemen, he built an enormous church in Sanaa to district pilgrims from Kaaba, one day the church was burnt, and he claimed that Arabs did that, so he decided to attack Kaaba with his Army to take his revenge and that was at 570th AD, that year was called the year of the elephant.
How did Allah destroy Abraha and his Army?
Allah set massive, and successive groups of birds with stones in their beaks and feet, they struck the warriors of Abraha’s army and killed them, the elephants got terrified and refused to go forward then escaped,
then the remains of the Army became like the remains of the crops after their harvest.
How many armies were brought by Abraha to demolish Kaaba?
He prepared a huge army with enormous tools and massive numbers of elephants to demolish Kaaba.
Why did Abraha want to destroy the Kaaba?
The main reason was to district pilgrims from Mecca, he tried to do that by building a church in Sanaa but his purpose didn’t succeed then after the church was burnt he claimed that Arabs did that, and he wanted to take his revenge by destroying Kaaba, and also that purpose didn’t succeed and he and his army were defeated.