One of the five pillars of Islam is fasting the month of Ramadan (Arabic: رمضان ) written ( Ramandan, Rhamadan, Ramzan, Ramadhan, Ramazan, Ramathan) and it was imposed in the second year of the Hijrah. Every father should teach the meaning and importance of Ramadan for kids, as explaining the definition of Ramadan for kids helps them understand the meaning of fasting since childhood, especially since it means that we refrain from eating, and drinking from the Fajr prayer to the Maghrib prayer.
Fasting is obligatory for every Muslim man and woman according to the teachings of God and His Prophet Messenger(P.B.U.H).
Allah revealed the Quran to the Prophet Muhammad(P.B.U.H) in Ramadan. Ramadan is celebrated by Muslims all over the world.
Teaching the child how to fast is one of the important things that every Muslim family strives for, following what the Prophet, peace, and blessings be upon him, recommended in following the obligatory prayers and teaching them to the children so that he becomes accustomed to them in his childhood and thus does not leave them when he grows up and passes from the father and mother to the children successively, so the assumptions remain and are inherited and do not end there. Rules by which the father or mother can teach the child and accustom him to fasting.
How to explain Ramadan to a child?
We can explain Ramadan to a child as follows:
Their parents will explain to kids what Ramadan is in 3 steps according to the teachings of Allah and His Messenger(P.B.U.H) as follows:
1- Definition of Ramadan for children
- Ramadan is the month of fasting, sustenance, goodness, prayer, and reading the Noble Quran.
- Ramandan is ranked ninth among the Hijri months, and we also know it as the lunar year.
- We begin the Ramadan fast after making sure that the crescent is sighted in the sky after the Maghrib prayer on the 29th of Sha’ban every year.
- The number of days in this blessed month is 30 days or 29 days, which is determined by the appearance of the crescent of the month of Shawwal and the beginning of Eid al-Fitr.
- rhamadan is the month of the Quran revealed to our prophet Muhammad, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him.
- On it comes the greatest night that Allah created, which is the Night of Decree, in which Allah answers the supplication of Muslims.
- Fasting the month of Ramadan is obligatory for all Muslims, both adults, and children, like prayer, as it is the fourth pillar of the five pillars of Islam.
2. Teaching the Sunnahs of Ramadan for children
- The first year of the Sunnahs of the month of Ramadan is to hasten the breaking of the fast, that is, eating after hearing the Maghrib call to prayer.
- Iftar begins with eating dates or dates and milk, as the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH), used to do.
- We can break our fast on water if we do not find dates.
- We can also drink a small amount of our favorite juice such as orange or apple.
- We go to the mosque to perform the Maghrib prayer first, as it is one of the Sunnahs of the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH).
- We eat after going home with family members.
- We go to the mosque to perform the Tarawih prayer, as it is one of the most important Sunnahs that a Muslim performs in the month of Ramadan.
- Delaying the pre-dawn meal, i.e. eating food at least an hour before the Fajr prayer, as recommended by our prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him.
- Persistently reciting the Quran during this blessed month and also maintaining the prayer on time so that Allah Almighty rewards us with good deeds and a great reward.
3. Teaching the etiquette of fasting to children
- The child should be taught that fasting not only means that we do not eat or drink but also that he stops saying bad and ugly words.
- To stop telling lies and that the truth is, to tell the truth, because the fasting person does not lie or cheat.
- The fasting person lowers his gaze, and this means that he does not look at what Allah Almighty forbids.
- We thank Allah for all the blessings that He has bestowed upon us, for they are many and we cannot count them.
- Using a toothbrush or toothpicks, as the Messenger of Allah used to do until a pleasant and pleasant smell comes out of the fasting in the month of ramadan.
What to do in Ramadan for kids?
You should train your child to fast as follows
- He fasts starting from the age of seven, so that it begins two days each week, starting with the afternoon prayer and ending with the sunset prayer.
- The duration of fasting increases when he reaches the age of 8, starting with the dawn call to prayer and ending with the sunset call to prayer.
- The child begins to fast 3 days a week, starting with the dawn call to prayer until the sunset prayer, when he reaches the age of ten.
- It is recommended that meals be served at spaced intervals, and it is preferable that the child stay away from eating a snack between the main meals.
Tips for teaching children Ramadan habits
- We teach the child to treat others with respect, politeness, and affection, and to share all the toys with friends.
- Teaching the child the meaning of providing assistance to the poor, by making him save from his own expenses and give it as alms to all the needy and the poor.
- Training the child to pray by being with the family at the time of congregational prayer or by going with the father to the mosque.
- Visiting relatives automatically teaches the child to maintain the relationship of the womb and develops the skill of social communication.
- The child must be accustomed to participating in the preparation of the Iftar and Suhoor meals.
- Participate in reading the Book of Allah by reading the shortest surahs.
- The child must learn to serve breakfast to the needy or to worshipers in the mosque.
How is Ramadan celebrated for kids?
April 24, 2020.
April 13, 2021.
April 2, 2022. ( Ramadan 2022 dates )
Ramadan is a month in which Muslims fast, i.e. abstain from eating and drinking from dawn to sunset.
Ramadan is a month marked by feasts and important occasions for Muslims (people who convert to Islam). Families gather for large meals that may include stews, rice, dates, lentils, and more. People also eat their morning meals before sunrise.
In order for your children to love Ramadan, you must decorate the house, the street, and their rooms, to spread happiness and joy in the hearts of the children and to accept Ramadan with wonderful joy, as follows:
1- Home decoration
- With the arrival of Ramadan, the stars and crescent moons bring vitality to the homes of Muslim families during the month of Ramadan.
- Share this joy and happiness with your children by making your own paper copies to celebrate the month of Ramadan and also Eid Al-Fitr, which lasts three days.
- Hang the twinkling lights flash and white LED lights in the house, your children’s rooms, and the street, so that they feel like a special part of this joy.
- And we buy our children Ramadan lanterns.
- You can also stir up excitement for Eid Al-Fitr by displaying the countdown decorations in your home, such as the result of the Gregorian calendar, and the children, after a day, cross it off in the result each day that the month of Ramadan advances.
- The dark sky is a sign that it is time for celebration for child Ramadan and adults.
2- Teach kids Ramadan greetings
During Ramadan, Muslims exchange greetings and greetings to each other from time to time throughout the month of Ramadan, such as:
“Ramadan Mubarak” and “Ramadan Kareem” are greetings common during the holy month and mean “Ramadan Mubarak or Kareem.”
- Families wake up for an early meal before sunrise called suhoor and break the fast with an evening meal after sunset called iftar. And ask your kids to help you with your meal as Al suhoor or Al iftar.
- And with the nightfall on Muslims begins The smell of food appears in the evening air before sunset, and it smells very delicious for the people in the houses. Muslims fast Ramadan, it is a sacred month in the religion of Islam.
4- Ramadan values
- Fasting reminds Muslims to appreciate their blessings and help those in need.
- Ramadan is a relaxing and meditative time for worship and prayer, to draw closer to Allah, help others and spend time with loved ones.
- We always listen to the Holy Quran.
- In the middle of Ramadan -on the night of the 13th, 14th or 15th, depending on the cycle of the moon – Muslim children put on traditional costumes or clothing and go with their fanoos from door to door to collect sweets and money from friends and neighbors.
- This celebration is called Girgee’an, meaning “a mixture of things”, and is similar to the trick-or-treat of Halloween.
- Teach our kids to memorize and recite Duas and the Quran.
- You should download the Ramadan Apps and Educational Games for Your kids to avoid the phone.
- Teach your children traditional songs to sing throughout their trip or throw a special party by inviting other Muslim families to your house, exchanging gifts, and then having breakfast together.
Muslims who are 12 years old or older fast during Ramadan, and also children. Islamic Sharia says that kids who’ve now no longer reached puberty do now no longer must fast. We must accustom them from their childhood to fast Ramadan, and do not eat or drink anything between sunrise and sunset.
For the loads of hundreds of thousands of Muslims around the sector who have fun Ramadan, the month is the time to become conscious of their religion and additionally carry out dignified deeds. People enhance cash and donate materials to assist the ones in need. And many rush to remind themselves of those withinside the international community who now no longer have sufficient to eat.
After we know how to celebrate Ramadan as children or adults, we should know the following:
How to make Ramadan fun for kids?
To make Ramadan fun and full of help and activity for your kids, you should read them children’s books that have a wonderful special effect on them Children’s books, such as:
“My First Ramadan”
Karen Katz, introduce children to the principles of the muslin faith. Appropriate for young children, this book follows a young boy as he celebrates Ramadan with his family.
For older children, Celebrating Ramadan:
Diane Hoyt Goldsmith also showcases a young boy and his devout Muslim family, while also explaining the core beliefs of Islam and relaying the life history of the Prophet Muhammad(P.B.U.H).
A fantastically written and illustrated tale to percentage the exhilaration of the holy month as visible from a child’s perspective.
Day A younger Muslim boy stocks his first fasting day. Read our ee-ebook evaluation here.
Rashad’s Ramadan and Eid al Fitr
Rashad shares how he celebrates Ramadan and Eid.
A younger Muslim lady should parent out what to do whilst she fears her classmates at her new American college won’t recognize whilst she isn’t always ingesting withinside the lunchroom with them.
Facts about Ramadan for kids
After you have explained to your child what Ramadan is, you should take the time to explain the facts of this month; Especially,
“why doesn’t Ramadan fall on the same dates – at least not on the Gregorian calendar. Since Muslim prayer times tables are compatible with the Islamic Hijri calendar, which is based on the lunar cycle, Ramadan begins approximately 10 days earlier each year in the Gregorian calendar.
Kids should also be taught why some Muslims do not observe fasting because it is impolite to ask why someone does not fast. These reasons include:
- Old age or weakness in fasting safely.
- Exempt on medical grounds (doctor can advise).
- If the woman is menstruating, pregnant, or breastfeeding.
Ramadan activities for kids
Muslims fast from dawn to dusk and abstain from eating and drinking, as well as from any harm or harm to others.
Zakat and charity
The zakat has been imposed by Allah on every Muslim man and woman, including the Zakat al-Fitr. Muslims pay it on the night of Eid al-Fitr or before performing the Eid al-Fitr prayer, and zakat purifies your money.
Tarawih Prayers (Sunni Muslims)
- Tarawih prayer is a prayer that Muslims perform only in the month of Ramadan. It is a prayer consisting of 11 or more rak’ahs, and it can reach up to 23 rak’ahs, including the two rak’ahs of shafa’ and witr.
- You pray after the evening prayer in Ramadan, and its virtue is very great, and it brings us closer to Allah, and He forgives us, and Allah gives us many good deeds for it, and through it, we enter Paradise.
Revival of the Nights of Destiny (Shia and Sunni)
You have to pray at night on the day of Laylat al-Qadr, but it is not specified, but it is possible that it will be on odd nights of the last ten days in the month of Ramadan.
So you have to spend these nights with faith and Allah’s strength to make you one of the pious, free your neck from the fire, and teach your child the importance of the Night of Decree, in which Allah revealed the Quran to the Messenger of Allah.
Recite the Quran
Ramadan is a month in which there is a lot of worship and closeness to Allah, so you have to recite the Holy Quran throughout the month and you can finish it more than once, and teach your children to read the Holy Quran and memorize it and some supplications(Duas).
Refrain from all atrocious acts and humility:
The month of Ramadan in which the devils are chained up, you have to become humble and feel the poor and do not cause harm to anyone, for the month of Ramadan is the month of mercy, forgiveness and liberation from the fire.
This is a good, wonderful, and unique way to get your child back and understand what i’tikaf is in Ramadan. As they are too young to perform I’tikaf in the mosque.
- So buy a tent and decorate it with fairy lights and stars on twine.
- put it in the living room all month long.
- You have to tell them that this tent is for children only and adults are not allowed to approach it. It is a special place for thinking, dreaming, praying in Ramadan, praying to Allah, remembering Allah, and reading the Noble Quran.
- You make a jar that includes a date for each day of the month of Ramadan on paper. This is a fun activity.
- Then they take dates for the number of days of Ramadan, and with the passage of each day of Ramadan, the countdown begins and they break their fast with a date in keeping with the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad(P.B.U.H) until Eid.
- Your kids can make these utensils to present to friends and family at the beginning of Ramadan.
There are other activities for kids Ramadan as
Ramadan chart for kids
This is an activity that the family should do together during Ramadan because it beautifully introduces young children to the idea of remembrance and supplication
- You should write “We say praise be to Allah…” and put this paper in a place where the family gathers to eat or pray.
- Leave a stack of colorful sticky notes and stickers next to the poster, so everyone in the family can write at least one thing they feel comfortable doing, each day of Ramadan.
- It can be as important as their life, family, or belief, or as small and funny as chocolate, coffee, or tickle.
- Encourage visitors to contribute, too.
- At the end of the month, your poster will be covered with sticky notes and your family will not only have a wonderful record of gratitude to Almighty Allah but will be tangible evidence of the abundance of blessings. in their lives.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Islamic studies Classes? Sign up for Rahman School’s ( online Quran school ) Online Islamic studies Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Rahman School’s Arabic classes, Quran classes, Islamic studies class, Quran tajweed class, ijazah Quran and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
Online Quran tuition learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Rahman School offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Rahman School has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Rahman School gives you and your children the chance to learn with al Rahman school who are going to be your kids’ new friends, accompanying them in their learning process and encouraging them to learn more.
Benefits of Ramadan for kids
Allah and His Messenger(P.B.U.H) assure us that Ramadan fasting affects us with positivity that appears on your mental health and your spiritual focus, but imagine that your mental capabilities in Ramadan are more important.
There are some studies conducted by scientists in the United States of America that the mental focus that is achieved during the month of Ramadan increases the level of neurotrophic factor derived from the brain, which makes the body produce more brain cells, thus improving brain functions.
There is also a clear decrease in the hormone cortisol produced by the adrenal gland, which means that stress levels drop significantly during and after Ramadan.
Although 3 dates are eaten at the start of the Iftar each day throughout Ramadan for non secular reasons, in addition, they include extra fitness benefits.
One of the most essential factors of fasting is getting the proper quantity of energy, bearing in mind that the common serving of dates includes 31 grams (simply over 1 ounce) of carbohydrates, and that is one in all the precise ingredients to provide you with a boost.
Dates also are a notable manner to get a few much-wanted fibers, to be able to assist and enhance digestion during Ramadan. Add to that their excessive degrees of potassium, magnesium, and B vitamins, and it speedy turns into clean that dates are one of the healthiest fruits.
Many of us lose a lot of weight in fasting, but there are a lot of changes in the health of a Muslim. Cardiologists in the UAE have found that people who fast during Ramadan have a positive effect on getting rid of their fat, and therefore there is a decrease in the level of cholesterol in the blood.
And lower cholesterol may lead to increased cardiovascular health, greatly reducing the risk of heart disease, heart attack, or stroke. If you follow a healthy diet after Ramadan, it is easy to maintain your newly low cholesterol level.
Ramadan is the best way to get rid of the bad habits that you were doing before Ramadan because Allah commanded us to refrain from eating and drinking as well as bad actions such as: vices such as smoking and sugary foods. Completely addictive.
If you do bad habits like smoking it is easy to quit, the ability to fast to help you kick bad habits is so crucial that the UK’s National Health Service recommends it as the ideal time to quit smoking.
One of the principal issues with intense fad diets is that any weight misplaced is frequently fast positioned lower back on, on occasion regardless of a touch introduced extra.
This isn’t the case with Ramadan. The discount in meals eaten up at some point of fasting causes your belly to step by step shrink, which means you’ll want to consume much less meals to experience full.
If you need to get into the dependence of healthful ingesting then Ramadan is a notable time to start.
When it’s completed your urge for food could be decrease than it turned into before, and you’ll be some distance much less in all likelihood to overindulge together along with your ingesting
Being super for spiritually cleansing yourself, Ramadan acts as an awesome detox in your frame.
By now no longer ingesting or consuming for the duration of the day your frame might be presented the uncommon danger to detoxify your digestive gadget for the duration of the month.
When your frame begins off evolved ingest into fats reserves to create energy, it’ll additionally burn away any dangerous pollution that is probably found in fats deposits. This frame cleanses will go away a healthful clean slate behind, and is the ideal stepping stone to a constantly healthful lifestyle.
During Ramadan, we don’t eat all day so our metabolism becomes more efficient, meaning that the amount of nutrients we absorb from food improves. This is due to an increase in a hormone called adiponectin, which is produced by combining fasting and eating late at night and allows your muscles to absorb more nutrients.
Fasting has health benefits throughout the body, as different areas are able to absorb and utilize the nutrients they need to function better.
After the final day of Ramadan, a three-day competition is held. Families and pals acquire collectively to celebrate.
They every so often enhance houses with lighting fixtures and alternate items. As for food, human beings devour all types of matters which include chocolates and pastries—and at some point in time, fasting isn’t allowed.
Enjoy a festive Eid Al-Fitr. Otherwise recognized as “Eid,” Eid Al-Fitr marks the cease of Ramadan with a multi-day birthday party that consists of amassing to view the brand new moon, community fairs, visits to enjoyment parks, and ingesting unique candy treats.
Decorate each of your properties and your bodies by letting the children paint conventional henna designs on their hands (or you could do it for them).
Draw names from a hat for an evening of gift-giving in which homemade items and new apparel are usually welcome.
There are many extra great thoughts to be had online for approaches to make your Ramadan unique to your kids (Pinterest is an incredible region to start).
Choose what works for you and your own circle of relatives and makes you feel excited and happy; it must now no longer feel like some other burden or problem in your life. Don’t be overwhelmed, and keep in mind that coaching and sharing all this stuff together with your youngsters, with the proper intention, is ibadah for you.
After we know what Ramadan is, its benefits, and its activities, we can celebrate with Eid Al-Fitr after Ramadan ends.
Culminate the celebration with a picnic or outside barbecue, whole with criminal fireworks. Maybe even invite a few non-Muslims for your birthday celebration so your children can participate in their conventional circle of relatives’ birthday celebration along with friends (whilst additionally coaching them historic customs).
Finally, recall that your youngsters don’t care about cunning perfection in this stuff, however, they will care about the nice and cozy emotions you nurtured in them toward Ramadan and their faith. May your Ramadan be complete with blessings, happiness, and sakeenah. Ameen!