what is the dua before sleeping? The Prophet, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, recommended a number of remembrances throughout the day, some of which are said in the morning and some of them in the evening.
And some of them are related to the period before bedtime and it’s known as dua before sleeping, as it immunizes the soul and has great benefits. And it was mentioned in the hadith of the Prophet about dua before sleep
that on the authority of Abu Saeed, may Allah be pleased with him, on the authority of the Prophet.
May Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, he said: “Whoever says when he goes to bed, I ask forgiveness from Allah Almighty, who there is no god but He, the Living, the Everlasting, and I repent to Him three times, Allah will forgive him his sins.
It is like the foam of the sea, even if it is the number of leaves, and if it is the number of sand, it will be treated, even if it is the number of the days of the world.” Before going to sleep, one must shake off the bed and say the name, as it came in the two Sahihs from the hadith of Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him.
That the Prophet, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, said: “If one of you goes to his bed, let him shake his bed with the inside of his lower garment, for he does not know what is left behind on him.” And in the narration of Muslim: And he calls Allah, for he does not know what he left after him on his bed.
dua before going to sleep
The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, repeated several before sleeping dua, including:
1- “In your name, My Lord, I put my side, and with you I raise it, if I hold myself, have mercy on her, and if I send her, save her with what you keep your good servants.” (Once).
2- “Allah, you have created me and you have died and erased her, if you revive her, save her, and if you are her nation, forgive her. Oh Allah, I ask you for your wellness.” (Once).
3- “O Allah, feed your torment on the day you send your servants.” (Once).
4- “He collects his palms and then breathes into them and reads in them: “Say, “Is Allah one?”, “Say I seek refuge in the Lord of the Falak”, and” “Say, I seek refuge in the Lord of the people” “ and wipe away what he could from the body, starting with them on his head, face, and what I accept from his body.”
5- Surat al-baqarah: I seek refuge in Allah from the almighty devil: “The Prophet believed in what was revealed to him by his Lord and the believers.
Every faith in Allah, his angels, his books, and his messengers, we do not differentiate between one of his messengers, and what they said.
We have heard and stabbed our Lord, and here is fate.” Allah does not give a soul except what she has gained, and on her what she gained, Allah does not excuse us if we forget or make mistakes, our Lord does not bear an insistence on us as he carried on those before us, our Lord.
And do not bear us what we have no energy in, forgive us, forgive us, and have mercy on us, you are our Mawla, so help us on the disbelievers.” Fadla: Who read Erin from the last of The al baqarah Surat on a night as a girl.
6- alkersy verses: I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed devil, “Allah is no Allah but the living, the living, who does not take him for a year and has no sleep in heavens and what is on earth.
And whoever intercessors with him except with his permission knows what is between their hands and what is behind them, and they do not surround any of his knowledge except with what he wants.
Except what he wants, the heavens and the earth, and he does not want him to save them, and he is the great almighty.” [Her virtue: Rent the gin until it becomes.
7- “Thank Allah who fed us and watered us, enough, and we are, how many are not enough for him and no shelter.” (Once)
dua before sleeping in English
If a Muslim wants to sleep, and he goes to his bed, he should say dua before sleeping in Islam, and he has to shake his bed, for he does not know what left him behind, then he says these supplications about dua before going to sleep:
- (In your name, my Lord, I put my side, and with you I raise it, if you hold my soul, have mercy on it, and if you send it, protect it with what you preserve your righteous servants).
- In another narration: (Glory be to you, my Lord, you put my side, and I will raise it, if you hold myself, then forgive her, and if you send it, I will send it.
- (Oh Allah, in your name I live and I die).
- (Oh Allah, I spoke to myself to you, and I delegated my command to you, and I directed me to you, and I resorted to me, my appearance, for you).
- The Messenger has recommended saying this if a person comes to his bed after he performs his ablution for prayer, then lies on his right side, and if he dies during the night, then he is on the natural instinct.
- (O Allah, I seek refuge in your holy face, and your utter words from the evil of what you are taking on his behalf, O Allah you reveal the smitten and sinful, O Allah do not defeat your soldiers.
And do not break your promise, and the seriousness of your grandfather does not work, glory be to you, Allah bless you, and this is a mention narrated by Ali – May Allah rests his soul – where the Messenger of Allah was saying when he was in distress.
- (Thank Allah who fed us and watered us, and enough and moaned, how many are not enough for him and no shelter.)
- (In the name of Allah, I have been put by my side, O Allah forgive me for my sin, and I am satanic, untie my bets, and make me in the highest dew.)
- (Thank Allah who has enough me and my pots, fed me and watered me, and who is better than Ali, and who gave me a reward, thank Allah anyway, Allah is the Lord of everything and his king, and Allah is all I seek refuge in you from fire.)
- (O Allah, you have created me and you are lying to her, you have her death and her life, O Allah, if you die here, forgive her and if you revive her, save her, O Allah I ask you wellness.)
- (O Allah, the world of the unseen and the witness, the Lord of everything and his king, I testify that there is no Allah but you, I seek refuge in you from the evil of myself and the evil of Satan and his company, he said: Say it if you become, if you become, if you become, and if you take your place.)
- (O Allah, protect me with my hearing and my eyes, and make them the heirs of me, and grant me victory over my enemy and show me my revenge, O Allah, that I seek refuge with you from the predominance of religion and hunger because he is the most terrible of the noises.)
- (O Allah, tell me your torment on the day you send your servants, three times), and this is what Hafsa bint Omar, may Allah bless her, told the Messenger of Allah that he was saying if he wanted to lie down, after putting his right hand under his cheek.
- The Prophet said to Ali and Fatima: If you take yours, then Allah bless thirty-four, and Ahmed is thirty-three, and they have swum thirty-three.
before sleeping dua in Arabic
It is advisable for a Muslim to call for the adage to atone for sins and sins before going to sleep, and here are some dua to read before sleep:
(ربَّنَا اغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَإِسْرَافَنَا فِي أَمْرِنَا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ).
(رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ).
(رَبَّنَا إِنَّكَ مَن تُدْخِلِ النَّارَ فَقَدْ أَخْزَيْتَهُ وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ أَنصَارٍ* رَّبَّنَا إِنَّنَا سَمِعْنَا مُنَادِيًا يُنَادِي لِلإِيمَانِ أَنْ آمِنُواْ بِرَبِّكُمْ فَآمَنَّا رَبَّنَا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَكَفِّرْ عَنَّا سَيِّئَاتِنَا وَتَوَفَّنَا مَعَ الأبْرَارِ* رَبَّنَا وَآتِنَا مَا وَعَدتَّنَا عَلَى رُسُلِكَ وَلاَ تُخْزِنَا يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ إِنَّكَ لاَ تُخْلِفُ الْمِيعَادَ).
(رَبَّنَا لاَ تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلاَ تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لاَ طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَآ أَنتَ مَوْلاَنَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ).
(أَنْتَ وَلِيُّنَا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا وَأَنْتَ خَيْرُ الْغَافِرِينَ* وَاكْتُبْ لَنَا فِي هَذِهِ الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ).
(رَبِّ إِنِّي ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي).
(اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لي خَطِيئَتي وَجَهْلِي، وإسْرَافِي في أَمْرِي، وَما أَنْتَ أَعْلَمُ به مِنِّي، اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لي جِدِّي وَهَزْلِي، وَخَطَئِي وَعَمْدِي، وَكُلُّ ذلكَ عِندِي، اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لي ما قَدَّمْتُ وَما أَخَّرْتُ، وَما أَسْرَرْتُ وَما أَعْلَنْتُ، وَما أَنْتَ أَعْلَمُ به مِنِّي، أَنْتَ المُقَدِّمُ وَأَنْتَ المُؤَخِّرُ، وَأَنْتَ علَى كُلِّ شيءٍ قَدِيرٌ).
(اللهمَّ إني ظلمتُ نفسي ظلمًا كثيرًا، و إنَّه لا يغفرُ الذنوبَ إلا أنت، فاغفر لي مغفرةً من عندِك، و ارحمني، إنك أنت الغفورُ الرحيمُ).
(اللَّهمَّ أنتَ ربِّي لا إلَهَ إلا أنتَ خلَقتني وأنا عبدُكَ وأنا على عَهدِكَ ووعدِكَ ما استطعتُ أعوذُ بِكَ من شرِّ ما صنعتُ أبوءُ لَكَ بنعمتِكَ عليَّ وأبوءُ بذنبي فاغفر لي فإنَّهُ لا يغفرُ الذُّنوبَ إلا أنتَ).
(اللَّهمَّ اغفِرْ لي ذنْبي كلَّه دِقَّه وجِلَّه وأوَّلَه وآخِرَه وعلانيتَه وسِرَّه).
(اللهم لك أسلمتُ وبك آمنتُ وعليك توكلتُ وإليك أنبتُ وبك خاصمتُ وإليك حاكمتُ فاغفر لي ما قدَّمتُ وما أخَّرتُ وما أسررتُ وما أعلنتُ أنت المُقدِّمُ وأنت المُؤخِّرُ لا إلهَ إلا أنت أو لا إلهَ غيرك).
dua before sleeping and waking up
From the sunnah of the Prophet, peace be upon him, said dua before sleeping at night and waking up, for the prophet said:
- The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: In your name, Allah I die and live, and if he wakes up from his sleep, he says: Thank Allah, who sometimes after our mother, and to him the saws (narrated by Bukhari, Muslim, etc.).
- And about Aisha, may Allah bless her, that the Prophet (PBUH) was if he went to bed every night to collect his palms and then breathed in them, he read in them, “He said, “Allah is one of them,” and he said, “
I seek refuge in the Lord of the Falak,” and then he wipes them away from his body, starting with them on his head, face, and what he accepts from his body, and doing so three times (in the right direction).
- As for Abu Massoud al-Ansari, may Allah bless him for the Prophet, he said: Whoever read two verses from the last of the al baqarah surah in the night as a girl.
And the imam who is investigating the good word said: It is true that it means as a girl from the evil of what harms him. And it was said as a girl from the night.
- Ali ibn Abi Talib said: I could not see anyone sleeping before he read the last three verses of Surah al-baqarah (in the correct ones).
- In true Bukhari about Abu Huraira, may Allah rest his soul, he came to urge you from charity, and he had made him the Prophet (PBUH) night after night.
- When he was on the third night, he said to the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said: Let me teach you words that Allah will benefit you with – and they were careful with good.
So he said if I came to your bed, he read the verse of the Holy Allah, there is no Allah but the living quarter until you seal it, it will not be left to you from Allah.
- Keep and no devil will bring you closer until you become, and the Prophet said, peace be upon him, your sincerity is a lie.
- Imam Ahmed told this story in his support that it took place for Abu al-Darda. Al-Tabrani recounted in his dictionary that it took place for Abu Ibn Ka’b.
- And in the alsahihn about Abu Huraira, may Allah bless him, the Messenger of Allah said if one of you got out of bed and then returned to him.
- So let him go with his category three times, he does not know what left him after him and if he is injured, then say in your name, My Lord, I put my side with you, and I raise it, if I hold myself, then mercy her, and if you send her, keep it in what your good servants keep. Tell him in his category of wealth.
- The Sheikh of Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said, i.e. with his entourage. He said in the end: The Azar (by breaking the neon) is his tip.
- As for Ali, may Allah bless him, Fatima came to ask the Prophet (PBUH) to ask him a servant, and she did not find him, and I found Aisha, and I told her, he said to me, “So the Prophet came to us and we took our sleep and said, “Can’t I tell you what is good for you from a servant?”
If you go to bed, then they have been blessed with thirty-three and Ahmad 33 and an old thirty-four, which is better for you than a servant, ali said: What have you left them since I heard them from the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said not one night of two rows? He said: Not a night of two rows.
- Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said in his book The Good Word: We have been informed that those who kept these words did not take him away from his work and so on.
- In Sahih Muslim, he said: Thank Allah who fed us, watered us, enough and Awana, how many are not enough for him and no shelter.
- As for Abu Huraira, may Allah bless him, the Prophet said: When he shelters in his bed, I ask Allah for forgiveness, who has no Allah but the living and repent to him three times, Allah forgives him for his sins.
- Even if they are like shea butter, even if the number of stars, even if the number of sand was treated, even if the number of days of the world.
- In a novel about Fura about his father, Allah bless them, Al-Tarmadi said that the Prophet (PBUH) came and said, “O Messenger of Allah, teach me something to say if I come to bed, and in a novel (I say it in my sleep), he said to him, “Read, say, disbelievers, and then sleep on its conclusion, it is an innocence of shirk.”
- As for the prayer when waking up in sleep, the worship of the Silent Son, may Allah rest his soul, about the Prophet, said: Whoever is loaned from the night said:
There is no Allah but Allah alone, he has no partner, he has the king and he is thankful, and he is capable of everything, thank Allah, and Praise Allah, And Allah is great.
And there is no power but Allah, and then he said: O Allah forgive me, or pray, respond to him if he clears and prays I accept his prayers (narrated by Bukhari).
dua before sleeping hadith
The Messenger – may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him – recommended to say a dua before sleeping at night if a person comes to his bed, and that is after he performs his ablution for prayer, then lies on his right side, and if he dies during that night, then he is on the natural instinct.
It is desirable for a Muslim to recite a dua before sleeping, according to what was reported from the Prophet, including the saying, “In your name, my Lord, I put my side, and in You I raise it.
dua and Quran before sleep
Among the verses and dua before sleep that a Muslim reads before bedtime from the Holy Qur’an is the following:
- Reciting Surah Al-Mulk.
- Read the latest In from Surah al-baqarah:(The Prophet believed in what was revealed to him by his Lord and the believers. Everyone who believed in Allah, his angels, his books, and messengers, we do not differentiate between any of His messengers and they said we heard and stabbed our Allah and fate is the same.
Allah does not give a breath but she can do what she has gained, and she has what she gained. May Allah not punish us if we forget or make mistakes.
May Allah never bear what we have no energy for, forgive us, forgive us and forgive us, you are our Mawlana, so we have victory over the infidel people.
- Where the last two verses of Surah al-Baqarah are read before bedtime, they are enough for the believer to have the scourge of the night.
And it is said that they are enough for him to do his night, the Prophet said: (The verses are from the last of the cow’s surah, who read them from the night as a girl).
- Reading the verse of the chair: “Allah knows only the living and the living, and they do not take him for a year or sleep. He has nothing in heaven and on earth.
- Reading the wall of sincerity, and the two sorcerers, Aisha recounted: “The Messenger of Allah( peace be upon him) as if he took his bed puffs in his hands.
Read with the sorcerers, wipe his body with them, and the verses of this wall are: “Say, Allah is one of Allah, the steadfastness, he was not born, he was not born, and he had no one.”
- Say, I seek refuge in the Lord of the Falak, from the evil of what he created, from the evil of the sinner, from the evil of the jets in the contract, and from the evil of envy if he is envious.
- Say, I seek refuge in the Lord of the people, the king of the people, from the evil of obsessiveness- the means that whispers in the chests of people from paradise and people.
- Read surah al-Kafiron: “Say, disbelievers, I do not worship what you worship, nor do you worship what I worship, nor do you worship, nor do you worship what I worship for you, your religion and my religion,” where the Messenger of Allah said, “Read, say, disbelievers, and then sleep on its conclusion, it is an innocence of shirk.”
dua before sleeping with wife
It was mentioned in Sahih Al -Bukhari on the authority of Ibn Abbas – may Allah be pleased with him – on the authority of the Prophet – may Allah prayers and peace be upon him – who said:
As for one of you, if one of you comes and says, “In the name of Allah, O Allah, avoid the devil and avoid the devil from what we have earned, so he will have a son who was not harmed by Satan,
dua before sleeping for child
After a Muslim enters his bed, it is desirable to start reading the before sleeping dua, and since religious education is an integral part of raising a child from a young age, children of a young age should be taught customs that they are keen on.
In order to grow up to obey Allah and guide his prophet, and from those prayers and hadiths some are told to children as a prayer for them, and some of them are preserved for children after the age of six so that they have a habit of repeating their dua before sleeping in Islam:
- I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed devil. In the name of Allah the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate.
- “Say Allah is one (1) Allah is steadfast (2) he was not born, he was not born (3) and he had no one’s palm (4).”
- In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Most Merciful, say, I seek refuge in the Lord of the Falak(1) from the evil of what he created(2) and from a worse evil if he accepts(3)
It is the evil of jets in the decade (4) and it is an envious evil if envious (5).
- In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Most Merciful, say, I seek refuge in the Lord of the people(1) the king of the people (2) the Allah of the people (3) from the evil of obsessive-in-law(4) who whispers in the chests of people (5) from paradise and people (6)
- Then he wipes what he can from his body, starting with them on his head and face, and what I accept from his body (he does it three times).
- Then he reads the alkersy verses: In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Most Merciful, Allah, there is no Allah but the living, you do not take him for a year or sleep.
He has what is in the heavens and what is in the earth, who intercessions with him except with his permission, knows what is in their hands and what is behind them.
And they do not surround any of his knowledge except what he wants, and his chair expands the heavens and earth, and he does not want to save him, and he is the Great Almighty.”
dua before sleeping in roman English
From dua before going to sleep: “In your name, my Lord, I place my side, and in you I raise it. If you hold my soul, have mercy on it, and if you send it, then preserve it with what you preserve your righteous servants with.”
In the end, sleeping in the remembrance of God Almighty is desirable, so there are many dua to read before sleep, as for sleeping without mentioning, it is disliked.
The basic principle is that the Muslim sleeps after the remembrance of Allah has dominated his heart; Because what overcomes a person when sleeping is what he was before he fell asleep, so the Muslim is with Allah; Remember him in his wake and sleep.
And hadiths have been narrated showing the merit of dua before sleeping at night, including what came from Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, on the authority of the Messenger, may Allah prayers and peace be upon him:
It was upon him from Allah Almighty), so the Muslim should frequently mention Allah Almighty in all his circumstances, especially the remembrance of a dua before sleep.
Do you want your kids to learn more about Online Quran Classes? Sign up for Rahman School’s ( online Quran school ) Online Quran Classes program and watch them dive deeper into the Quran science and learn the Holy Book of Allah.
Rahman School’s Arabic classes, Quran classes, Islamic studies class, Quran tajweed class, ijazah Quran and let your children learn the accurate Quran recitation and word pronunciation even if Arabic is not their first language.
online Quran classes for kids learning can be challenging if you’re seeking it for your kids. Rahman School offers you a wide variety of topics to teach your children online.
Whether it’s Quran online, Arabic online, Tajweed, Ijazah, tajwid al Quran, and Islamic Studies. Rahman School has your back with professional Quran tutors who are willing to go further with your kids’ education. With an attractive interface and well-structured lessons,
Rahman School gives you and your children the chance to learn with al Rahman school who are going to be your kids’ new friends, accompanying them in their learning process and encouraging them to learn more.
To summarise, the dua before sleeping has many benefits that a Muslim derives from, including obtaining the reward from Allah Almighty, the more a person mentions Allah, the greater his reward and reward.
The dua before sleep has a very great advantage in protecting against the plots of Satan; The devil cannot approach those who remember Allah before they sleep. It protects the Muslim from any evil that may harm him. Doubling the good deeds of a Muslim in this world and the hereafter.
Also, the before sleeping dua help to obtain the approval of Allah Almighty and the intercession of His Messenger on the Day of Resurrection, and a Feeling of peace and psychological comfort, moreover protection from the eye and envy.